Thursday, February 26, 2009

CentOS: Add/Remove Software from DVD image

If no internet connection is available on one's server, Add/Remove Software tool (i.e. pirut) hangs! First thing I did (as a root) to make it run was to go to /etc/yum.repos.d/ and rename file CentOS-Base.repo.mv CentOS-Base.repo CentOS-Base.repo.backup As a result pirut started and showed all installed packaged. However, no packages available for installation were shown. The reason is that there are no repositories. For that reason I mounted DVD image of my CentOS 5.2 in /media/CentOS. If CentoOS folder does not exist please create it. To mount the DVD I used the following:mount -o loop /home/me/CentOS-5.2-x86_64-bin-DVD.iso /media/CentOSThen I change enabled=0 to enabled=1in file /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Media.repo. And finally, I could install software from CentOS dvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment